Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Hand Made Hultafors

I went for a wander over the hills and woods today with a mate of mine, but before we set off, he passed me this and said "Happy Christmas" - i know he reads my blog, so although i said it to your face, at the time, i will say it again now - Thank You.

The blade is by Hultafors and the handle is some locally "procured" Walnut and it's beautiful, even more special though is the fact it's a hand made knife, made with local materials, in fact i know the exactly tree the wood came from and now, every time i pass it with this knife in my pack or on my belt, the connection between tool and landscape will be made. It's certainly a knife i will treasure.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's quite the special gift. A lifetime memory as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where you'll ever find a sheath for it?

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, custom knives call for custom sheaths!

    ReplyDelete