Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Wood Spirit

Just a quickie wood spirit i knocked up this afternoon, I still need to finish his tache and hat off and add some finer detail, but im pretty pleased with the way he turned out.

The carving was done with a piece of Weeping Willow that ive had in the wood pile for some time.

I suppose the actual carving part of making the chap took about 30-40 minutes, excluding quartering and debarking the Willow log in the first place, must say it's been a while since i did a Spirit on a quartered log and it took a little while to remember how to do it, still got there in the end and i still have the other three quarters of the log to use for more Spirits, practice makes perfect.

5 comments:

  1. I'm new to carving and am interested in more information about carving your wood wizards. I was wondering if you had the time to do a tutorial on green wood wizard carving. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im in the process of documenting the carving at the moment, will get a link to the file posted up in the next week or so i guess

      Delete
    2. I was curious if you were able to put a tutorial together on this yet? My attempts at recreating your work has been disappointing thus far.

      Delete
    3. Not had time im afraid - sorry

      Delete
  2. Well I'm looking forward to seeing it whenever you get the time. No rush, enjoy the day. I'll keep trying here across the pond.

    ReplyDelete